Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Coring

The day has finally come... Tasting Day.

I cored the cheese (a bit unscientifically, with paring knife) and tasted it. The knife was short, so I didn't get all the way into the center, but I still could get a good view of what is going on.

Soft, creamy, a little damp and no veining or mold on the inside!

Then I plugged up the hole with lard.

The texture: soft, creamy a bit velvety.
The taste: a little spicy/peppery, like the aftertaste of arugula.
(I was worried it would be too salty, because of the over salting at the beginning, but it was not salty at all. In fact, I could not taste salt at all.)

Since the consistency is so soft, I am going to let the cheese age for a bit longer. The tentative Cut The Cheese day is now going to be in late June, early July.

No comments: